Live ASX Information
The Steelpoortdrift Vanadium Project is located in an well established mining jurisdiction in South Africa, with vanadium currently produced from the Bushveld Complex at the Rhovan and Vametco operations. In addition to vanadium the Bushveld Complex also produces platinum and chrome from mines operated by significant international companies such as Glencore, Anglo American, Lonmin and Samancor.
A Mining Right is in place over the Steelpoortdrift Vanadium Project and given the infrastructure present within 50km of the project area the Company believes the project is well placed to be fast tracked into production. The region around the project contains critical infrastructure such as:
- High voltage power lines and sub stations operated by the state provider ESKOM,
- Water resources including the recently completed De Hoop Dam 10km south of the project,
- Rail sidings and established links,
- Sealed roads around the project area,
- Mining service companies and support business in the immediate area,
- Skilled workforce within the local community and the region.
In addition the Steelpoortdrift Vanadium Project is advantageously located 160km away from Witbank (Emalahleni) where historical magnetite processing plants are located.
ESKOM sub station, 12km from the Steelpoortdrift Vanadium Project
Rail siding at Steelpoort, 30km from Steelpoortdrift Vanadium Project.
The De Hoop Dam, 15km from the Steelpoortdrift Vanadium Project.
Mining and Processing Operations in the Eastern Bushveld.